chocolate chip something

Untitled

As you can tell by this post's title, I'm really good at naming things. Posts, cookie recipes, etc. Chocolate chip cookies were the base of this recipe, but I'm a huge fan of toffee, and my mom really wanted walnuts. These are what I came up with, using the Toll House Chocolate Chip recipe as my jumping off point, and tweaking until my heart's content. I baked these twice in one week, that's how quickly they went. I don't mind when everyone else eats all of my cookies because I'm usually eating them while I bake. I get my fill and the rest is for everyone else. You can absolutely replicate the Toll House recipe, add the toffee, and boom, you'll be good. Or you can follow the recipe tweaks that I made(I'll italicize differences):

INGREDIENTS:
2 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt (I nix the salt because I use salted butter)
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar (I prefer DARK brown sugar and 2:1 brown to granulated sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 12oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 package Heath bits w/milk chocolate
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

DIRECTIONS:
Combine flour and baking soda in small bowl. Beat melted butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla together in a larger bowl. Add flour mixture until combined. Stir in chocolate chips, toffee, and walnuts one at a time until combined. Drop 1 rounded tablespoon of dough onto pan to yield approximately 60 cookies, or drop 2 rounded tablespoons of dough to yield approximately 30 large cookies. Bake 10 minutes at 375F, or until golden brown.

*You may be wondering about the things I changed and why. Melting the butter allows the cookies to stay chewy, even a week after they were baked (if they last that long). Melting the butter changes how the cookies spread out, so I add just a touch more flour than the original recipe calls for. The dark brown sugar is a taste preference as it makes the cookies richer and brings out the toffee flavor. 


Untitled
Untitled

Post a Comment