life lately:

I have been trying to write this post since yesterday morning. My words are failing me now! I deleted everything to start all over. Whew, alrighty. So remember in my last post I was talking about the book, Show Your Work!? Oddly enough, Austin Kleon stopped through to sign some books so I now am in possession of a signed, personalized copy of this delightful little book and that makes me so happy. It's almost like I keep getting prodded by Austin like,"hey, get some shit done! show your process! do it! do you, bey!" This would not have happened had it not been for my co-worker, Steph, who was talking to him and had it personalized for me. I'm in her debt, but that doesn't mean I won't stop harassing her with bananas (long story; wait, not long at all- Steph hates bananas).


Untitled

Yesterday, we saw two movies. I don't think I have ever seen two movies in a theater in a day. Well, Matt wanted to see The Amazing Spiderman 2. He was going to see it by himself and I was going to have a Leslie Mann-esque freak out. It's just funny because we saw the first one when we first started dating- that is why I wanted us to see it together. Later on, we saw Finding Vivian Maier, a documentary about the discovery of over 100,000 negatives of an unknown Chicago street photographer, Vivian Maier. The story is so vast, never ending, or so it seems. It's amazing because I thought I'd read a lot and enough about her that I gathered all that I could, but there is always more. It was fascinating to hear from the children she nanny'd while she always carried around her camera. That was why she chose to become a nanny- it allowed her the freedom to roam while still taking care of the kids. See it! Go see it! It's truly fascinating that in her lifetime, her work was unknown, and posthumously, she has blown up. However, some of the people interviewed agreed that it's probably better this way, given her reclusive nature. Fascinating!

Untitled

Post a Comment