woes of a chronic worrier

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

When I'm stuck in creative blocks for long periods of time (yeah, I'm still stuck), I get the overwhelming fear that I've lost that feeling for what I'm working on. I was going through Show Your Work again. There's a point in which he mentions sending out a daily blast in a way to demonstrate to any followers (or perspective followers) that you're there, doing work. Something like that works for writers, illustrators, graphic designers, etc., but I was unsure of how to approach that as a photographer. Do you photograph yourself taking a photograph? Composing a photograph? I don't go so far as to sketch out composition, which I should do, but if I'm not going out shooting, editing, and posting the results, then what am I doing? How do I demonstrate that I'm still here?

Since I have been playing with different ways to approach portraiture through objects, I thought that maybe I could also demonstrate what I'm doing if I'm not doing a particular shoot. I chose and composed each photograph above to represent what I did/what occurred each day for a few days. I don't know if it's an effective way to send out a daily blast, or if it's even interesting. It feels like a strict 365, which is something that I didn't want to do and why I approach my 365 the way I do- it ends up feeling like homework. I guess it's back to the drawing board to figure out how to share my presence effectively, in a way that doesn't make me think meh. Some of you may be thinking,"Why do you care so much?" Because I'm trying to develop and have an effective presence in the photography world and the only way to do that is to practice practice practice. I guess I just haven't been feeling I've been doing the best of my abilities and I'm frustrated by that. Woes of a chronic worrier.

Untitled

Post a Comment